And, the Versatile Blogger Award Goes to…
While waiting for a girlfriend to pick me up for a healthy eating cooking class, I scanned my e-mails. There from MB, author of Tickle My Fancy and much-admired childhood friend, bestowed upon me, The Versatile Blogger Award.
I was floored to receive this and honored to make MB’s Top 15. You see, MB and I go way back. In fact, we were backyard-neighbors through much of our elementary, junior high, and high school years. I recall sharing countless anecdotes on early-dawn school bus rides and I recall feeling immense admiration for the numerous awards she earned for her fictional writing in high school. There is no doubt, I will be reading an autographed-copy of a bestselling MB work in the near future. In the meantime, I continue to enjoy MB’s writings about her family, life, doodles, transitions, creative side because they are so relative to my own daily experiences.
The intention and spirit behind my nomination for this award, moved me share — with you — the rules governing the award.
- Thanking and linking to the person who nominated you
- Sharing seven random facts about yourself
- Passing the award along to 15 new-found blogging buddies
- Contacting those buddies to congratulate them
Additionally, I have been asked to tell you seven random facts about myself:
- My favorite time of day is when all immediate family members — except me — are in bed and asleep.
- I advocate for Kids on the Go, a nonprofit pediatric program designed to provide special needs children (3-12 years) with physical, occupational and speech therapy during the summer months.
- Cumin and Hard Luck Candy Vodka are new addictions.
- U2, Foo Fighters, Our Lady Peace, and Pink Floyd rule.
- I fantasize about being a double agent who has secret hideouts in Torino, Italy, and Melbourne, Australia.
- Remembers summers on Bob-Lo Island.
- My brother-in-law is a cousin to one of my long-time college friends.
Here are my top 15 blogs:
- Out of My Mind
- Tickle My Fancy
- Anna C. Shade – Jewelry and Metalwork
- The Laughing Mom
- Circles are Good
- Operation Beautiful
- Diva in Deep Thought
- The Word Spring
- Lessons from Teachers and Twits
- I heart Wall Street
- She Takes On The World
- Life from the Trenches
- Pat Bean’s Blog