Tumultuous and Beautiful …
But, with this being Mother’s Day, the behavior coming from both Issa and Riff is apalling. I suppose this is just a part the job description: warrior-like mentality required. Expect to sweat, cry and bleed. This will be one of the fiercest battlefronts ever in your history. But, don’t fear. There are glimmers of glorious moments from time-to-time.
Amidst weekend chaos I spied something beautiful. A blogger friend, Lea, from Lea at Sea, honored me with the Beautiful Blogger Award. I consider her blog writing and photography to be among the most beautiful I spend time with.
Upon accepting the Beautiful Blogger Award, there are three rules: Share 7 things about myself, nominate 7 bloggers, inform nominees about their award.
7 Things About Me
1. Last weekend, I learned how to make incredible strawberry margaritas in my quest of honor Cinco de Mayo. The recipe I used as from Jessica Whitney at cooks.com. I don’t know Jessica. But, she knows margaritas.
2. The three 5ks I am running in this summer include: Team Mathes 5k/1 Mile Fun Walk (raising awareness and support for brain tumor research for the American Brain Tumor Association — ABTA), Kids on the Go/2012 Heart of Detroit Run (fund raise for non-profit pediatric program that provides PT, OT and Speech therapies to metro-area children with special needs during the summer months) and The Color Run in Ann Arbor.
4. If I could be anywhere in the world other than here at this moment in time, I would be in Lake Tahoe, Calif. sitting outside the cabin I shared with my hubby on our honeymoon.
5. My cousin Scott is the owner of soulful electronica label Ferrispark Records. He has appeared in many of the top industry recognized magazines; and has Deejayed and produced around the globe. Check out his music.
6. I live for good times with those I love (family and friends).
7. I am dreading the upcoming November 2012 U.S. elections. Gotta have them. But, each election-year the farce becomes even more of an embarrassment.
7 + 3 Beautiful Blogger Nominees
Well, what can I say? Working with numbers is not at the top of my list of talents. The following are blogs I feel truly embody beauty. The consistent combination of images and words to bring readers a worthwhile experience with each visit needs to be recognized.